Resume: Daymond Armstrong
Motivated, personable technology professional with multiple skills and a 32 year track record in the I.T. industry. Talent for quickly mastering new technologies – completed Microsoft MCP, training in Cisco IOS, hardware, routing technologies, and Cisco Call Manager. Diplomatic and tactful with professionals and non-professionals at all levels. Accustomed to handling sensitive data, confidential records. Demonstrated history of producing resolutions to issues accurately and in a timely fashion
Flexible and versatile – able to maintain a sense of humor under pressure and thinking outside of the box to bring resolution to issues. Poised and competent with demonstrated ability to easily transcend cultural differences. Thrive in challenging environments.
Skills Summary ________________________________________________________________
|Project Management||Symantec BackupExec||Cisco Switching|
|Microsoft Server NT4 – 2012||Corel WordPerfect||Cisco Call Manager to v3|
|Microsoft Exchange Server||OGWIN||DNS, and Subnetting|
|Microsoft SQL Server||Troubleshooting HW/SW||Network Management|
|Microsoft Windows 3 – 10||WAN T1||Technical Documentation|
|Microsoft Office||WAN Frame Relay|
|Symantec Endpoint Protection||Cisco IOS and Hardware|
Professional Experience _________________________________________________________
Customer Service/Problem Solving
network issues and provide impeccable customer service:
- Manage cases while working with the VOIP Team
- Resolved issues with Cisco Call Manager.
- Resolved issues with Cisco Unity.
- Resolved Access technology issues, ISDN, DSL, and T1.
- Resolved WAN Frame Relay Issues.
- Resolved Cisco IOS and hardware issues.
- Resolved issues with various versions of Microsoft Server.
- Resolved issues with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Resolved issues with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Resolved a variety of computer and networking issues.
- Maintained high level of documentation of both problem and solution.
DETAIL MASTERY & Organization
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day operations as Network Administrator with Getronics Cisco TAC Contract:
- Management of 500 PCs, 5 Servers, and network’s routing and switching equipment.
- Maintain inventory of all split assets between Getronics and Cisco.
- Troubleshooting of all computer and networking issues.
- Manage Cisco Account removals and additions for released and new employees.
- Coordinate with Cisco and Getronics for disaster recovery plans.
- Maintain Microsoft Visio diagram, and layout of both the network architecture, and engineer’s seating.
- Designed and maintain Microsoft SQL database to manage asset inventory.
- Managed service orders and reporting of problems and solutions for customers and employers.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day operations of the Getronics Cisco TAC Lab:
- Maintain inventory of $3.5 million in equipment.
- Designed and maintained Microsoft SQL database to manage inventory.
- Coordinate with Cisco and Getronics to keep equipment up to date.
- Maintain good relations with Cisco liaisons through meetings, conference calls, and e-mail.
- Manage customers and provide onsite support:
- Maintain customer satisfaction while working in various onsite locations.
- Documentation of the issues encountered and assist with new issues that arose.
- Manage time and track mileage.
- Management of each client’s network.
Employment History ___________________________________________________________
AMERICAS TECHNICIAN SERVICES – Based in Colorado, and dispatched to Houston and surrounding areas. (Current)
NEPHILUS TECHNOLOGIES – Cypress, TX – Network and Systems Engineer
ALLIED HYDROMULCH LLC – Friendswood, TX – Erosion Control Technician
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR – ELITE HOT TUBS – Jason Fowler
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR – VARIOUS CONTRACT JOBS – Self
TLC OFFICE SYSTEMS – Houston, TX – Network Engineer and Systems Engineer
Self Employed Contractor – Houston, TX – Network Engineer and Systems Engineer
- BizRated Mobile & Vast Marketing Group – John Donato
- KW International
- Lura Lovestar and Associates – Lura Lovestar
- Flowmanagement – Evangeline Caridas
Getronics – Houston, TX – Lab Manager, Network Administrator, Network Engineer Level II
Abletek – Network Engineer and Systems Engineer
CenterAmerica property trust L.L.P. – Network Administrator, Network Engineer and Systems Engineer
Genesis Business Management Systems – Network Engineer and Systems Engineer
Independent Contractor – Network Engineer and Systems Engineer
- CenterAmerica Property Trust – Al King
- CompAmerica Computer Systems – Mr. Garcia
PC vision – Computer Technician and Systems Engineer
Compaq – Customer Support Case Manager